Recognition Event - Reschedule, Postpone, Cancel?

• April 30, 2020 1:06 PM
    Reply # 8937804 on 8930761
    Christine Martin (Administrator)

Our banquet was originally scheduled for last week, but obviously was canceled.  I am still holding out hope that we will be able to reschedule for later this summer.  I think that we will all be ready for a celebration by then and will modify whatever forum it takes in order to (hopefully) host a live event.

Our theme this year was/is "Fun and Games" so each day last week I sent an email to volunteers with a game or activity.

Monday - Survey Monkey version of "Match Game" where volunteers filled in the blanks to silly COVID-19 related questions.

Tuesday - Custom word search created online

Wednesday - Survey Monkey questionnaire with 5 questions (i.e., how many rolls of TP do you have on hand at your house?)

Thursday - link to an online jigsaw puzzle.  The picture was a photo of our hospital from last week, which featured a giant yard sign saying "Heroes Work Here" and our front entrance.

Friday - Survey Monkey Family Feud game where volunteers had to guess the most popular answers from the quiz sent out on Wednesday.

All of this was very well received, and I had a lot of positive feedback.  It will also be fun to revisit these activities during our live banquet (fingers crossed) later this summer.  We are holding off presenting our annual hours awards, etc. until then.

• April 30, 2020 10:42 AM
    Reply # 8937519 on 8930761
    Anonymous

Hi Diane, 

Hope you are well.  The volunteer webpage is just part of Firelands' website, so our Marketing dept. will be helping me with this for sure.   I am the least techie individual on the face of this earth.... 

Any idea when you may be returned to work?  

• April 29, 2020 10:02 AM
    Reply # 8935181 on 8930761
    Diane Honsberger (Administrator)

Very creative Anne!  I would like to know how you set up a volunteer web page. I would love to do something to connect our volunteers.

• April 28, 2020 8:41 AM
    Reply # 8932836 on 8930761
    Anonymous

Hello, All, 

I decided that even postponing until Fall poses problems still yet with an older population in close proximity and most likely, still fearful of group interaction.  To that end, I am putting together a "Banquet by Mail" and will be putting a packet together of things they would have gotten at the banquet:

Theme:  Firelands' Volunteers are Simply the Sweetest

*Program (listing names, anniversary awards, etc. with a poem or narrative in relation to our theme) :

*Certificate of hours for 2019

*Gift Card attached to a Candy Bar

*Anniversary awards winners will also receive a separate mailing with their pin and gift.   

*I am also considering video-taping a shortened version of my comments and posting it on the volunteer web-page, thus making it somewhat of a virtual banquet and possibly putting on the hospital's FB page.    

Hope this helps, but looking forward to others' creative ideas as well.

• April 27, 2020 10:35 AM
    Message # 8930761

Hello All!

I know several of you who hold your banquet or big recognition event this month and have had to make alternate plans.  We hold ours in early August but it is looking like I am going to have to either postpone or cancel for this year. 

Gathering thoughts on alternate plans or what everyone is thinking for possible makeup recognition events. 

Thanks!