One-Time Volunteers

• January 12, 2023 10:33 AM
    Reply # 13054342 on 13052878
    Christine Martin (Administrator)

Happy New Year, Libby!  I have also struggled with these types of requests from community groups.  We had a couple musical groups come into the main lobby to perform during the holidays, and I had them all sign a non-disclosure form.  I tracked their service as a group in Volgistics.  If we had a group coming to serve strictly outside the building, I would not require any forms, just a list of all participants.  If I anticipated they might need to come in to the facility, I would give an explanation of the reason behind the non-disclosure and have them each sign it upon arrival.

Great question!  I'll be curious to see what other hospitals do for groups.

• January 11, 2023 10:58 AM
    Message # 13052878
    Libby Ballentine (Administrator)

Happy new year! I had a question pop up from a colleague who wants to complete a service project with some folks from her church group. They want to support a one-time project to benefit the hospital. Our hospital Green Team (who focus on sustainability and the environment) want to use the group to support their campus clean-up efforts. My question: how do you process individuals who want to be one-time volunteers? Does anyone use this type of volunteer regularly?