Volunteer Massage Therapy

• February 28, 2024 9:25 AM
    Reply # 13321902 on 13314950
    Libby Ballentine (Administrator)

Our affiliated Hospice program used to provide a hand massage training for our Palliative volunteers. The Hospice staff has gone through many changes in the past 5 years and is just now getting to a point where the volunteer coordinator is really digging into a firm training sequence. My hope is that this offering is available to our hospital volunteers again in the near future. 

• February 21, 2024 11:05 AM
    Reply # 13318751 on 13314950
    Barbara Nalette (Administrator)

Hi Lori,

We had a program at UH Cleveland Medical Center called Caring Hands.  The volunteers were trained in hand massage by a licensed massage therapist who is on staff at UH.  It was mildly successful for a period of time but eventually fizzled out.  The volunteers found road blocks they felt were difficult to overcome.  

Barb

• February 14, 2024 3:11 PM
    Reply # 13315569 on 13314950
    Diane Honsberger (Administrator)

Lori,

We used a vocational school near us in Toledo, they had their cosmetology students provide hand massages at our conference. Just a thought...

• February 13, 2024 2:25 PM
    Message # 13314950
    Lori Simms (Administrator)

I have recently been asked to look into providing a volunteer team to do hand massages with cancer patients as they receive their treatments.

Is there any information available for me to research or does anyone have experience with this type of program?

Thank you so much for any help in advance,

Lori

Last modified: February 15, 2024 2:24 PM | Lori Simms (Administrator)