OIG monthly reports

• April 22, 2021 8:47 AM
    Reply # 10338600 on 10209493
    Cara Ranft (Administrator)

Hi Anne~
    We began exploring this requirement in 2018 at my previous hospital Mount Carmel (here is Columbus, Libby Balentine is the manager) and I asked the question when I started with my current hospital OhioHealth Riverside Methodist. At Mount Carmel we used Volgistics and the Information Security Officer stated we were not able to enter SS #'s in Volgistics because it is a cloud based service that is not secure. At my current hospital, we also use Volgistics however, because of this monthly requirement (which are not able to currently meet) we are transitioning to Samaritan Technology (they were a vendor at our 2019 conference) for our database. We do not have volunteers currently serving (planning for June 1st) so we are not out of compliance at this moment however, until we make the transition to Samaritan (we are in the final contract phase) we will need to send a monthly spreadsheet to our Compliance Department so they can manually complete the reviews. I am happy to have a phone call if you have any more detailed questions :) Cara 

• March 18, 2021 8:52 AM
    Message # 10209493
    Anonymous

Good Morning!

I have just been informed that I will need to provide a monthly spreadsheet for the Office of the Inspector General for OIG/GSA Exclusions with volunteer information including ID#, Name, Social Security # and DOB.  

Do you or have you already been sending this report?   I use Voltrak and there isn't even a field for SS# anymore and I had stopped asking for it on applications, but now I will.   

Any help or information you can share is appreciated - thanks!

Last modified: March 18, 2021 9:06 AM | Anonymous