Roll Call

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • February 22, 2021 8:27 AM
    Reply # 10124796 on 9225346
    Anonymous

Thank you!  Ms. Sandy!  AWESOME information!

• February 19, 2021 10:04 AM
    Reply # 10116837 on 9225346
    Cara Ranft (Administrator)

Great information Sandra!! Thanks! 

• February 18, 2021 4:11 PM
    Reply # 10114499 on 9225346
    Anonymous

I took a survey of the Central Ohio area and was surprised at the number of hospitals that have had volunteers back for some time.  I have attached it.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thanks

1 file
  • January 28, 2021 4:33 PM
    Reply # 10044304 on 9225346
    Anonymous

I tried asking this in a separate message but can we update this question to current day.

Thanks so much.  Hope all is well.

• October 19, 2020 9:00 AM
    Reply # 9312360 on 9225346

Good Morning 

Hospital: Magruder Hospital

County: Ottawa County

Current county color: orange

Have your volunteers returned?  yes approximately 1/3 of the 100 volunteers have returned.  Some are reassigned to different areas.  We still do not have volunteers at the ER volunteer/information desk.  Interestingly, I have had 2 new volunteers come through in the last 3 weeks.

When did your volunteers return?  July - in-house training and/or video presented to those who wanted to return.  Volunteers are required to view the training and sign a consent form.  

What color was your county when they returned?  orange

Any suggestions/considerations for those of us still waiting on the return of volunteers?   Keep in touch with them and continue to thank them for supporting the hospital in the past and looking forward to seeing them soon.

If your volunteers have not yet returned, what are the current discussions regarding their return?   N/A

Kathy Gallogly, LPC

• September 23, 2020 8:26 AM
    Reply # 9259289 on 9225346
    Anonymous

Good Morning :)

Hospital:  Knox Community Hospital, Mount Vernon, Ohio

County:  Knox County

Have your volunteers returned?  as of September 28 - will have 17 volunteers :)

When did your volunteers return?  Gift Shop - 9 volunteers (August 10th), September 28th will be the remaining

Any suggestions/considerations for those of us still waiting on the return of volunteers?  Pray!  I continue to do the activities that Julie talks about, completely relying information to the volunteers coming back - everything is a new different, new norm....The volunteers that have or will be back by Monday are not doing the exact same assignments, as I am sure all of you know. :)

If your volunteers have not yet returned, what are the current discussions regarding their return?  I am waiting, doing yearly forms, working on the Gift Shop Facebook Store....every week asking Management the status of more volunteers.  I am continually looking for new places, new ideas, new ways for the volunteers to serve.

I am very blessed!  Hope all is well!  Hang in there!  Many Blessings!  Cath W

• September 14, 2020 8:23 AM
    Reply # 9234068 on 9225346
    Julie Jacobs (Administrator)

Hospital: Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys

County:  Auglaize

Current county color:  Orange

Have your volunteers returned?  I have been able to return 2 of 100 volunteers per direction of our Occ Health Director.

When did your volunteers return?  They returned 2 weeks again.  One is helping in storeroom and the other is helping me in the office (folding gowns, assembling packets etc).  they are not allowed to leave their "offices".  Our Occ Health Director does not want them on any patient floors or anywhere they would have a contact with others.

What color was your county when they returned?  Orange

Any suggestions/considerations for those of us still waiting on the return of volunteers?  Hold on!  I have kept in contact with my volunteers by sending emails and letters-funny stuff about me and my family, keeping them up to date on what is happening at the facility.  Sending them our hospital newsletter etc.  Let your superiors know that you are willing and able to help out with any projects or new assignments that are surfacing.  I have helped with multiple "jobs" that are my normal responsibility since March.  I have recently been assigned the COVID screeners (hiring, firing, orientating etc).  so that have been an experience!  If departments are asking when your volunteers will return, make sure you are sharing that with your superiors so they remember how much the volunteers contribute to the organization.  I am at a small facility so it is easier to get in front of the C-Suite than probably some of you.  Just keep asking!

If your volunteers have not yet returned, what are the current discussions regarding their return?  Though 2 of mine have returned there are 98 that are still chomping at the bit to get back here.  It took me 3 months to get him to approve 2 so I think I have a bit of a fight left to go.  I have a feeling that he is "waiting" to see how flu season goes before he approves the return of others.  And when they return that is going to look very different.

• September 12, 2020 8:24 AM
    Reply # 9230205 on 9225346
    Diane Honsberger (Administrator)

1) Mercy st. Anne Hospital, Toledo

2) we are in Red zone

3) we are doing a three phase approach. Currently in phase 1, which is 60 and under., no health conditions. I have 3 volunteers in that category.

4) our greatest need is Gift Shop and Outpatient surgery transport. So far, only 1 volunteer is serving and that is in surgery transport.

We have not set a date of Phase 2 return as we are still in Red Zone. 

I did send a couple of mailings to volunteers. I took pics of staff and CEO holding we miss you signs, and your safety is our priority. Haven’t sent them anything in a while though.

• September 11, 2020 9:24 AM
    Reply # 9227939 on 9225346
    Anonymous

Hospital:   Firelands Regional Medical Center

County:   Erie

Current county color:   Orange

Have your volunteers returned?     About 35% have returned

When did your volunteers return?   June 8 - first opportunity to return;  Opened to only certain departments like back offices, Info Desk, Pharmacy and non-acute patient facing areas.  

What color was your county when they returned?   N/A, but Erie Co. had been in the Red Level until just last week 

Any suggestions/considerations for those of us still waiting on the return of volunteers?     Keep them engaged as much as possible.  I send a weekly email with just fun, personal stories, cartoons with only snipets about what's happening at the hospital.  

If your volunteers have not yet returned, what are the current discussions regarding their return?

• September 11, 2020 8:47 AM
    Reply # 9227866 on 9225346
    Anonymous

Hi Heidi :)

1) Springfield Regional/Urbana Hospital

2) Yellow for both counties (Clark and Champaign)

3) Not yet

4) Begin of October

5) hopefully green... tbd

6) Exec team is formally monitoring every two weeks to see if changes need to be made to visitor policy, I would imagine that volunteers will be considered as well.  We are bringing them back in a 3 phase approach …   those that at low risk and no risk are being brought in back in to the fold beginning in first week of October.

JP

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >>