Volunteer Recognition Themes

• March 02, 2020 11:21 AM
    Reply # 8786849 on 8757494
    Anonymous

This year my theme is: Firelands' Volunteers are Simply the Sweetest.

Everything, including my comments, centerpieces, music, etc. will center around sweet treats, candy, cakes, etc.   Our dinner venue is offering a dessert tray rather than a single dessert as in years past so vols will have a choice.   I also attached my list of past themes.     Hope this helps.   

1 file
  • February 27, 2020 10:15 AM
    Reply # 8776328 on 8757494
    Alice Wanninger (Administrator)

Libby,  

Through the years I've collected some other ideas which are attached.  Most of these came from one of our members, Rhonda Brown, who has retired now, but was very creative and had some wonderful celebrations.

Sandy Haskell at UH Hospital and Cathy Rinehart-Windsor from Knox Community Hospital also have had some awesome celebrations as well.

Hope the attached files are helpful to you and others.  Below are some other messages that have been sent out more recently.

VOLUNTEERS - EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE EXTRAORDINARY HEARTS Your warmth and compassion bring sunshine to others’ days Thanks for exceptional efforts that make a difference in many ways.

Hands That Serve  -Hearts That Care   When assistance is needed we know you’ll be there to lend a helping hand and show how much you care.   You’re an excellent volunteer and put your heart into all you do.  Thanks for contributing to our success. We’re glad we can count on you!

Good luck and have fun!

Alice Wanninger, CDVS - Mercy Health - West Hospital - Cincinnati, OH

PS. I hope you and your co-workers as well as anyone else reading this are signing up to attend the spring conference this year.  The committee has a great conference planned and the networking is so beneficial.

2 files
  • February 19, 2020 2:15 PM
    Message # 8757494
    Libby Ballentine (Administrator)

I'm hoping to hear what others are using/have used in terms of "themes" for their recognition events. 

Last year, for example, our Mount Carmel Volunteer Services team chose "Kindness Matters" and had our volunteers create kindness rocks at our volunteer week celebrations. 

What are you using this year?  Have you had any favorite themes in the past?