Volunteer Week 2021

• February 02, 2021 8:25 AM
    Reply # 10055720 on 10046908
    Libby Ballentine (Administrator)

Our recognition dinners are most definitely not happening this year.  I am currently planning to hand out branded items to volunteers via drive through events - tents in the parking lots, balloons, thank you signs, etc.  We are on a full suspension of gatherings so I think that's about the best I'm going to be able to do this year if I'm trying to engage everyone.  I will be passing out gifts and individually wrapped treats to my active volunteers.   

• February 01, 2021 3:51 PM
    Reply # 10054257 on 10046908
    Anonymous

I, too, am looking for some new creative ways to celebrate Volunteer Week.  It's becoming a challenge to come up with an idea for both current/active volunteers and those who may be furloughed for a while yet.   I do suggest following the Facebook Group:  Volunteer Managers in Healthcare.   They share a lot of great ideas about just everything in volunteer management. 

• January 29, 2021 3:11 PM
    Message # 10046908

I wanted to get the ideas and creativity flowing as National Volunteer Week is in just a couple of months.  

Here at Memorial Health, Marysville; I have had some volunteers return inside the hospital, such as mail delivery, Gift Shop, and Wayfinding.  We were able to continue our meal delivery throughout the pandemic just kept the volunteers outside the building and within our parking lot. We have about 140 active volunteers at this time, and about 60 on LOA or retired due to COVID. 

The annual banquet dinner is not an option for April (but maybe a picnic style in the park this summer). 

I am looking for low-cost fun ideas to engage all volunteers (LOA & Active) in the week of celebration.  Last year we delivered small goody bags to all their homes.  This year I am thinking of bringing them to the hospital for a drive-by celebration of sorts.

Let the ideas flow free!